The CargoNet Warehousing module extensively covers all the incoming, storage and outgoing operations involved in Logistics Warehouse management.
A number of parameters have been considered while designing the Warehouse module they can be listed as
- The volume of goods.
- Speed of through-put required.
- Warehouse as a transit point
- Breaking bulk location
- Warehouse as an area for sorting and consolidating different goods.
- To enhance the speed of the response
- To protect and account for inventor
- Warehousing system as a buffer in the event of a break-down or delay in the supply pipeline.
CargoNet Warehouse module focuses on four of the main activities of an efficient warehouse.
- Cargo receipt
- Cargo Storage
- Cargo Picking
- Cargo dispatch
CargoNet helps in effective inventory management. The warehouse module is designed to handle initial and in-transit warehousing operations. Inventory management involves many complex procedures which have been simplified to a large extent by CargoNet Warehouse module.
- Order lead time tracking and planning
- Tracking orders for Cargo
- Controlling stock movements
- Establishing minimum stock levels and monitoring the same
- Cargo receipt quality inspections
- Physical stock control in the warehouse
- Controlling Specialised Items
- Releasing stock from storage and Cargo despatch